Sunday, August 17, 2008

We're Expecting!

"daughter"

About two months ago, Chip and I decided to adopt a little girl from China! Since then, we did research, chose an adoption agency and we just now finished filling out the application, which we’ll be sending in tomorrow.

We are so excited about our decision! I have always wanted a daughter; someone to share all the fun “girly” things with. I’m already dreaming of the dolls I’ll get for her, pink birthday parties, having our nails done together, decorating her bedroom… Needless to say, I wish we could go get her right now! Unfortunately, the process to adopt from China is a long one—two to three years. We ask for everyone’s prayers and support as we begin our journey to our daughter.

Chip and I created a website all about our journey, and to help us raise money for adoption expenses. International adoption is very expensive, and we will be contributing every dollar we can to it, but we will need help from others. Please visit our website, http://www.bringhannahhome.org/, and help us if you can.

To read more information about the Chinese adoption process, visit our adoption agency’s website: http://www.gwca.org/.

I’ll be writing about our journey, either here, or I may start a new blog just for the adoption. Be sure to check back here often to follow our progress.


No comments: